Read river descriptions, trip reports & rafting advice…
Date: Friday, 20 August 2021
River: Gordon River.
Who's game for some epic remote area whitewater? River will be decided upon closer to the date depending on water levels. Plans include the Gordon Gorge, Little Henty, Upper Weld and Upper Huon rivers.
It is important to note that this trip could possibly involve hectic remote area whitewater and also walking in and camping from rafts. This may only be suitable for more experianced participants depending on what river is chosed. For this reason I may need to limit participant numbers or experiance levels but I will make this judgement call closer to the time when a river has been selected. If it's a river like the Little Henty trip will be open to anyone with some rafting experiance. If it's the Gordon Gorge it will be limited to experianced participants.
Plan of action is to meet at the rafting sheds Friday the 20th of August probably in the evening after people have finished work. We will decide the time and specific plan of action closer to the date as we may need people sorting out car shuttles ahead of time etc.
Should be arriving back at the sheds late on Sunday evening.
Things you must bring for the trip –
- Cash to cover petrol (any of these rivers will be a long drive, I expect $50ish per person). Also cash to cover fuel for a boat if we use one and everyone will need to chip in for food which I will organise (advice me of any diatary requirements).
- Camping gear (sleeping bag and sleeping mat is the minimum required, toiletries you will also want)
- Head torch with spare batteries BRING 2 IF YOU HAVE A SPARE
- Heaps of warm clothes both for around camp and also for when we get to the end of the trip
- Standard rafting clothes, see this article for tips, neoprene socks are highly recommended) https://jamesbarnes.id.au/articles/what-to-bring-on-your-first-rafting-trip/
- Heaps of extra snacks.
- ALL GEAR MUST BE DOUBLE BAGGED IN GARBAGE BAGS TO BE PLACED IN DRY BAGS IN THE RAFTS. ALL GEAR ALSO MUST BE LIGHT AND COMPACT SO WE CAN CARRY IT IN.
I will provide food/catering and will also make sure we have tarps to cover everyone to sleep under.
Any questions feel free to get in touch! These sort of trips don’t happen as often and are a lot more tricky to organise. That being the case please let me know if you’re coming along and whether you can bring a car/4wd as that makes my life a lot easier in organising the event!
Trip leader/Senior Guide – James Barnes
Website – https://jamesbarnes.id.au
Phone – 0406012364
Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
Upcoming rafting trips
Read about previous club rafting trips.
Join the club!
Want to come rafting with us?